Position Description: Member, Board of Directors:
People with a keen interest in participating on a working Board are needed. All Board and Committee proceedings are kept in strictest confidence. Board members are asked to devote about five hours each month. They must be at least 21 years old.
Prior volunteer work experience (including work on a Board) is desirable but not mandatory.
- Commit to volunteering for a full term of two years, and preferably 4 consecutive terms of two years, or for a shorter term if filling an unexpired term vacancy.
- Attend board meetings: 3:00 p.m. the first Tuesday of every other month unless rescheduled. There are 6 scheduled meetings per year (an extra meeting may be necessary).
- Participate on a board committee (see attached list of standing committees). Attend committee meetings as scheduled and fulfill commitments as made.
- Undergo Board and volunteer training and orientation to learn about the organization, programs, and operations. An orientation session is scheduled one hour prior to the first board meeting of the year.
- Participate in reaching financial development goals by: attending fund-raising events, contributing (all Board members are encouraged to contribute even a nominal sum in support of the organization, occasionally serve as Board coordinator of a special event.
- Participate in policy development and decision-making regarding the goals and direction of programs and services.
- Participate in speaker’s bureau in your area of expertise.
- Evaluate self and Board operations as required by the Board.
- Represent the Agency and the best interests of the elderly in the community whenever opportunities arise.
If you are interested in serving on the Network in Aging’s board of directors complete the form below and submit your resume. The information you submit will be filed and kept for consideration when vacancies become available on the board.
CANDIDATE FOR CONSIDERATION BY NOMINATION COMMITTEE FOR BOARD OF DIRECTOR POSITION
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Network in Aging of Western New York, Inc. is governed by a Board of 25 members. This is your opportunity to shape our chapter.
Our Mission is to help our members enhance their efforts to improve the quality of life for older persons and their families by providing them with opportunities for resource exchange, professional development, and stimulation of interdisciplinary collaboration.
Please use this form to submit your nomination for the Board of Directors, self-nominations are welcome. NOMINATIONS MAY BE MADE BY OTHERS OR THROUGH SELF-NOMINATION.
Qualifications for Directors Position are:
- Nominees should be an active member of a working committee of the Network in Aging of WNY, Inc. (View Committee List)
- Nominee must be able to assume committee responsibilities and actively participate in all Network functions.
Terms are for two years and Directors may serve a maximum of 4 consecutive terms. Only one person per organization may serve at a time.