CRITERIA FOR THE “DR. EVAN CALKINS AWARD FOR MERITORIOUS SERVICE”
The “Dr. Evan Calkins Award for Meritorious Service” is designated to honor a person who has made a significant contribution to the field of aging in Western New York.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
- Advocate on behalf of the elderly.
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of services to the elderly.
- Increase public awareness of adverse conditions affecting the elderly.
- Expand the understanding of the aging process through research and/ or education.
- Bring about positive change in public policy with respect to the elderly.
- Work to develop positive social attitudes toward the elderly.
- Raise the consciousness level of the elderly regarding their potential